The Exchange Club’s75th Annual Halloween Parade
Thursday, October 26, 2023– 7:15pm
General Parade Rules:
1) Begin Line Up starting at 6:30pm at 6th Street & Asbury Avenue
2) Wear number on left side to be identified properly at Judges Stand
3) Judges will evaluate based on appearance, originality & artistry
4) No political themes and no throwing candy –-> may hand out candy only
Additional Participant Information:
1) All Floats (Now Divisions 6 & 7): You must register your float. All floats will be required to enter the designated area by checking in with the float directors at the barricaded area at 5th & West Avenue by 6:15pm to gain entry. The best route would be to take either Wesley Avenue or Bay Avenue to 5th Street and then proceed to West Avenue. Face float South toward 6th Street & post numbers on Left Side. See Map.
2) Cheerleading & Drill Teams (Now Division 5): Cheerleaders, drill teams & dance teams are invited to register under Division 5. In the interest of time, we ask that any performances are kept short. There will still be awards given under traditional judge’s criteria for appearance and originality.
3) All Antique Cars, Trucks or Other Vehicles wishing to simply drive in the parade (not competing) need not register. However, you will be required to line-up facing west on 6th Street on the Right Side of street approaching Asbury Avenue (on map area that shows “antique automobiles”). The best route is to come from Wesley Avenue onto 6th Street as Central Avenue will be barricaded. Please send email to email@example.com to confirm your attendance. See Map.
Division 2 – Children or Groups of Children over 12 OR Family Groups OR Adults, Numbers 200-299
Division 3 – Animals & Pets in Costume (NEW THIS YEAR!), Numbers 300-399
Division 4 – Organizations Marching in Costume (Churches, Non-Profits, Etc.) Numbers 400-499
Division 5 – Cheerleaders & Drill or Dance Teams, Numbers 500-599
Division 6 – Non-Commercial Floats, Numbers 600-699
Division 7 – Commercial Floats, Numbers 700-799
Division 1, 2 & 3 Prizes: 1st, 2nd, 3rd Place medals
Division 6 Prizes: 1st and 2nd Place medals
Division 7 Prizes: 1st & 2nd Place trophies
Prizes: All award winners will be notified by phone or email the day after the parade.
Also, all winners will be printed in the following Thursday’s Ocean City Sentinel
To leave voicemail:
Parade Hotline @ 1-800-813-5580
Your investment goes a long way to help maintain the quality of this event as well as the philanthropy of The Exchange Club.
Thank you in advance for your continued support!